Thursday, October 15, 2009

Beginning the Memoir

The first try being rather thin, Just a Teaser, Folks, no one's watching, anyway. The ether must be chock full of our mistakes.

But enough about you! This is MY glob, I mean, blog, and I'm going to demonstrate exactly how to write a memoir about your own life. How boring my childhood, humid Connecticut summers, long sunlight on the wallpaper, no bro's, no sisters. Cat always outside, dog afraid of slippery stairs. How many hours did I stare at the slope of the pitched roof ceiling?

But I digress. Memoir, now! My mother, departed since 1992, stands squarely on the keyboard. She is not smiling! Mom, sit down, you're in my way!

8 comments:

Shirley Landis VanScoyk said...

More! More!

Reed Stevens said...

Okay, okay. Thanks!

Betty Beach said...

Oh, goody...More stories from you!!

Auntie Em said...

Reed my dear, if anyone can put pen to paper with such wonderful eloquence it has to be you! So the end of the slippery slope of prose is the 21st century blogger. Yippee, I can't wait for more pithy prose from you.

Auntie Em said...

Reed my dear, for someone who can write so wonderfully and fill our heads with dreams of a beautiful place it is no stretch to become a great blogger. I can't wait for the games to begin!

Reed Stevens said...

Commenter, please identify yourselves! I love these flattering comments but I'd like to know who my friends are.

Thanks!

Shirley Landis VanScoyk said...

Shirley Landis VanScoyk
my website "http://www.domesticepisodes.blogspot.com

Auntie Em said...

We have a wonderful street vendor in our little town of Golden that sells "weiners and nuts"!! of course his sign speaks to those of us who actually partake of said delicacies (the pork and pecan type) but the old farts of our fair town deemed him too "inappropriate" for the children of our burg to see. Well, as you can imagine an uproar of Orwellian proportions ensued with the weiners on one side of the street and the tube steakers on the other. What a sight to see - weiners and nuts elevated to such a high place that most men just dream about! So I say to all let our weiners go! Let us celebrate the nuts of the world decry those who would have us go weinerless in public!