Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter everywhere!

Government surveyors came to Ole and Lena's farm in the fall and asked permission to certify his property boundaries. Ole agreed and Lena even served them delicious lutefisk at noontime.

The next spring, the two surveyors stopped by.

"Because you were so kind to us, we wanted to give you this bad news in person instead of by letter," they said.

"What bad news?" Ole asked anxiously.

"Well," the surveyors told him, "after we finished our survey we discovered your farm is not in Minnesota, but is actually in South Dakota."

Ole smiled happily. " This is the best news I have heard in a long time. Why I just told Lena this morning, I don't think I can take another winter in Minnesota."

That's the version from Marty Swanson. But I'm never satisfied until I can make it a blond joke.

Try this:

When a government surveryor completes his work, he knocks on the farmhouse door and tells the blond farmer her property is not actually in Minnesota as they thought but in South Dakota.

"Thank goodness," the blond replies. "I couldn't take another Minnesota winter."

Ah.