Thursday, September 23, 2010

Motherhood

Dogs, all dogs and nothing but dogs today. Liz dropped her pug pup, Miss Pia, off at eight and I've been keeping my Mopsy from eating her all day.

Watching for inside piddles. Sharing the bones, the teeny treats, unwrapping Pia's leash from my knees as we walked down the sidewalk, she plunging after the dignified Mop who trots off-leash staight ahead, not a paw on anyone's grass. Exactly two piddles and home directly. Pia clueless but extremely sweet. And smart. Sorry to say this three-month-old pug makes our little shihtzu look like an ox.

I've been saying for months that we really MUST have a companion for Mopsy but now, I wonder what I was thinking. I'm exhausted. What would I do at night? Pia is now yipping pathetically from our crate on the porch.

Must get Jim to take our picture. Must mix martini.

No comments: