Saturday, July 3, 2010

To be Very Very Old

My husband and I are very, very old. How old? I'm so old I don't know what I'm missing. So old I gave up on the Mac transition a few months ago and still work on my old Dell with a very old browser.

The husband's so old he can't figure out the Mac OS either. And now we've spent all this money on the Macbook, keyboard and mouse, iMe or whatever the devil it is, and a years supply of Apple tech support. Hundred bucks for that and cheap at twice the price.

IF, if if we can ever remember what the sequence of the OS is. Email looks very like Outlook but it's not the same. It's a flat, grey on grey color, for one thing. I know the Apple Genii put my contact list on there but since I can't sync it with my ever-changing Dell contacts, what good is it? And it doesn't pick up my mail.

Poor husband is right now on this fine Fourth of July Saturday standing confused and pissed off at the Apple Store. You make an appointment for a One on One a week or so ahead and you can only make one appointment at a time. Plenty of free 'seminars' at the stores which are really just feature demonstrations. Somehow Apple has designed the cruelest stools to sit on my butt has ever met so you stand. Keeps the customers moving right along.

Wait, it's worse. Dear reader, dear fellow blogger, help me post your blog right alongside this one. I fell off the turnip truck years ago and can't remember how to put you there. It's not that I'm not reading you, it's just that I'm so very, very old. A toddler could help but I'm all out of toddlers these days.

2 comments:

Reed Stevens said...

Click the wrench, eh? Who knew?

Yet, I did know, a few months ago.

Duh.

Everyday Goddess said...

I don't own a Mac or an iPhone so I'm really old!

I gave you one of my weekly awards, for your post Goodbye, come by to collect it anytime!